When drains get blocked it is a big troublesome which can make a very disgusting smell and open to overflow or flooding. It is batter to unblock the drains.
You don’t need to get worry because there are few methods to resolve this issue of defective and blocked drains.
Unblocking and cleaning of drains is very important and by adding this work into your household cleaning on everyday which is one of the crucial and top priority step to take just to eliminate the blocked drains from taking place. This is due to drains are normally victim to some level whether from the silt, grease or other objects.
Some Methods to Prevent Drains Blockage
- Hand Clean: You have to clean your shower, bath and sink drains by hand. You have to wear the gloves or paper towel, open the stopper and start to remove any kind of object like scum, debris, hair or other unfamiliar objects from sink.
- Plunger the Drain: It is very cheap in cost method to clean the blocked drains when it is far away and your hand is unable to reach. Before starting your plunging, you have to put on a wet towel on the flooded drain just to create a space in the region of the blockage which will help you to lose the blockage. Put the plunger near and around the drain and shake or tilt the plunger to eliminate any air which is trapped there. You have to do plunger up to 15 to 20 times with high pressure. Remove the plunger abruptly just to see whether water is going or not, if water is going down then all the debris and hair should go with that, but if you don’t see any activity then do this procedure again or move to other method.
- Use of Drain Cleaning Chemicals: These drain chemicals are a good thing for undersized blockages and gives only small results, so the blockage can reoccur swiftly again.
- Drain Rods: These are strong and long but stretchy rods which are attached to each other and able to put into drain area to unblock the drains. it is one of the good methods to unblock the drains but if you don’t have enough experience of using drain rods, you can create more issues.
- Call the Plumbing Professionals: If all the methods are unsuccessful to unblock the drain then you have to call a plumber or drain professional’s services which have fixed price and good repute services.